Characters from History
A chance to meet characters from several different times in History. Costumed characters tell their story
and get children to help them in their daily work and activities. Amongst the characters you will meet are:
- Elizabeth I - learn about her make-up, her herbs and hygiene (or lack of it).
- Charles I - hear his story and share his pastimes while he was imprisoned at Holdenby.
- Oliver Cromwell - learn how to muster his troops.
- Samuel Peyps - use a quill pen to help him write his diary.
- Florence Nightingale - assist her in preparation for the wounded soldiers.
- Queen Victoria - hear about her "poor Albert" and help cheer her.
- Beatrix Potter- sketch with Beatrix, plant seeds and visit a special garden.
Mix and Match your projects to suit your needs ie. Queen Victoria with a Victorian Servants day.
This project covers various aspects of the National Curriculum KS1
« Back to School Trips